26 things I learned in 26 years
Today is Friday April 12, 2019.
It is just another beautiful day we all get to experience. It is also my birthday and I have decided to scribble down a few things that I have learned in the last 26 years. Who knows, maybe it will give some of you some inspiration and value as well. If not, I have at least written down something for myself
that reminded me about how grateful I actually am for the life that I get to experience and for all the moments that I will keep in my heart forever.
Following my 30 day challenge, I still write down one (sometimes more) lesson that I learned that day. But today, I want to share the things I live by daily and which have supported me on my journey through life so far.
As you may already know, especially when you follow me on Instagram, I am a HUGE quote lover. It truly amazes me how a few simple words and phrases put together, can create a big and lasting positive impact on your life forever. Sometimes, these words come at exactly the time that you need them most. I call that the perfect timing. For me, every quote has a bigger meaning behind it. It has a whole story that would exceed the space I have below. If you are interested in getting to know more about me or my journey, feel free to contact me at any time!
Who knows, maybe by sharing these 26 life lessons in a post, there is one that can impact you as well for the better.
I hope you enjoy this little (birthday) gift and feel free to let me know your favourite quote in the comments below ♡
So without any further ado: Just take what you need and leave what you don’t. 🙂
26 years. 26 life lessons.
- The two most important days in our lives are the day we are born and the day we find out WHY.
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at CHANGE, because YOU are the creator of your own reality!
- If you can dream it, you can DO it. You don’t always need a plan to start.
- Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. So do what you think is right, not what others think is right. In the end it is YOU who is going through it not them.
- Sometimes, to be able to see, you have to close your eyes and open your heart.
- Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.
- LOVE that comes from within will always empower you more than love that comes from anyone else.
- Our own life has to be our own message.
- It is not about HAVING time. It’s about MAKING time.
- The present moment is all you ever have.
- Motivation comes from working on things we care about. If you have something that makes you excited to get out of bed in the morning then learn more about it. Become an expert. Remember that knowledge is a powerful tool.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to THRIVE.
- Life changes very quickly in a very positive way, if you let it.
- Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful. You don’t have to go somewhere to find the place you are looking for. Just start to create your dream place right where you are. Wherever you are.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a GREAT way.
- You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens. Sometimes you need to disconnect to reconnect.
- Don’t change yourself so that other people will like you. BE yourself so that the right people will love you.
- Ships don’t sink because of the water around them. Ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t ever let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.
- Not every day offers us the chance to save a life, but every day offers us the opportunity to effect one.
- Only those who care about you can hear you when you’re quite.
- I am not what has happened to me. I am what I choose to become. The best way to make a difference in the world is to make a difference in your own life.
- It’s not about how many “followers” you can count, but about how many people you can COUNT ON.
- The hardest walk is walking alone, but it will also make you the strongest. Just know that your illnes is your medicine for the world. My suffering and what I have learned is my GIFT to help many others.
- First you have to believe in yourself before others believe in you. The closer you get your dream life..the more your journey becomes your dream life.
- ALWAYS REMEMBER: The body achieves what the mind believes. But be aware that the brain can lye, but your body can’t. So learn to listen.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of the universe. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine and laugh unconditionally just as children do. We were born to be REAL not to be perfect. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
And here is a special (birthday) letter to my body, which has carried me through 26 years:
Thank you for being my home.
Thank you for healing yourself, no matter how many times you’ve been hurt.
Thank you for being magic. Every cell, every vein, every organ is designed perfectly to work in harmony.
Thank you for allowing me to climb mountains, to swim oceans, to run, to dance, to breathe.
Thank you for the opportunity to one day create life, the most magical thing any human could experience.
You are magic. You are my home, my holy temple.
Thank you for being with me always, so I am never alone.
Thank you for being designed to give me so much pleasure.
Thank you for storing a bit extra so I could stay warm, because you know that I don’t like the cold.
Thank you for being imperfectly imperfect.
Thank you for not being able to sit still when I hear a song I love.
Thank you for mirroring your design off of the women that created me.
Thank you for being so much fun to dress up, paint and put makeup on while still being beautiful when I don’t do any of that.
Thank you for keeping me safe – I can’t imagine how many bugs and viruses you’ve fought off before I could even notice they were there.
Thank you for being unique.
Thank you for being strong.
Thank you for being sensual.
Thank you for being healthy.
Thank you for always changing.
Thank you for being worthy of love.
I love you, Nila (the soul that is honored to call you her home).
Let’s celebrate each other on our birthday today.
Let us look forward to another beautiful year to come and experience the yet unknown.
Now it’s your turn: Look down at your body and whisper. “There is no home like you.”
Thank you for reading!
Thank you for following me on my journey.
Know that you are loved.
The world needs you, so go out there and SHARE YOUR LIGHT!