30 days. 270 hours. 43200 minutes. 30 important things I have learned.
As many of you may know, I have recently made it a habit to write down one thing that I have learned that day. Sometimes it is as small as a simple, but interesting fact. On other days, it is something really mindblowing and changes my whole perspective of the world. But no matter how big or small it is, I just write it down so that I will always remember it.
This simple task has seriously changed so much in my life. I started to appreciate every single minute and second of the day. In fact, I wasn’t looking for somethig “big” and magical to happen, but instead I began to focus on the little things. An old lady smiling at the bus station, the first crocos I came across, the sound of the birds that are slowly awakening as spring arrives. At the end of every day, I tell myself that I can be so grateful. No matter how difficult the day may have been, at the end I always tell myself that not every day is going to be (completely) good, but that there is something good in EVERY day – you just need to look for it!
Now I know that without a job, without any financial support, without anything and anyone else, I can always rely on the things that I have learned. So I tell myself every night that “knowledge is my superpower” that I would not swap for anything else in the world!
30 Days. 30 Learning.
So here is my list of things – big and small – that I have learned during the last month. Some of you may question what I have personally learned as some of the sentences below are actually not my own quotes. All learnings, however, are based on what I learned on that particular day. Sometimes it was really hard to come up with a single sentence that could explain in just a few words what I have learned. This is why I did some research at the end of the day to get a better understanding about what a certain situation has taught me on that day. I hope you can somehow relate to what I have summarized below. Remember that even if you cannot relate to everything I share – there is a secret message for someone else behind every quote. So take what you want and leave what you dont. 🙂
Feel free to share your comments and personal learnings down below!
- Sometimes you are in a dark hole and think you have been burried, when actually you have been PLANTED.
- You can think you are AWESOME without thinking you are better than anyone else.
- If the brain doesn’t know, the answer will be in the BODY.
- Sometimes having coffee with your BEST FRIEND is all the therapy that you need.
- Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. That’s why today is called (a) PRESENT!
- Sometimes you have to UNFOLLOW people in real life.
- Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow is a fresh opportunity to make it BETTER.
- Sometimes you need to step outside, get some fresh air, and remind yourself of WHO you are and WHERE you want to be.
- Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time ALONE to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.
- I no longer look for the good in people, I search for the REAL, because while good is often dressed in fake clothing, real is naked and proud no matter the scars.
- Behind every picture, there is a SECRET message for someone.
- TIME is a gift that most of us take for granted.
- Use your BRAIN to follow your HEART.
- Maybe it’s not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it’s about starting over and creating something BETTER.
- No one sees what YOU see. Even if they see it too.
- Heling comes from taking resposibility: to realize that it is YOU – and no one else – that creates your thoughts, your feelings, and your actions.
- Ships dont’s sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that get’s in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get INSIDE you and weigh you down.
- People know your name, not your STORY. They have heard what you have done, but not what you have been through. In the end, it’s not about what others think, it’s about what YOU think about yourself that counts. Sometimes you have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.
- What if everything you are going through is PREPARING you for what you asked for?
- It is better to be HATED for what you are than to be LOVED for what you are not.
- The world is changed by EXAMPLES, not by opinions.
- I am FOCUSED. I’m focusing all my energy not on fighting the old, but building the new.
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I’M POSSIBLE.
- Only those who CARE about you can hear you when you’re quite.
- I am thankful for the difficult people in my life, for they show me how I NOT want to be.
- If we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change OURSELVES.
- You take your life into your OWN hands and what happens? A terrible thing: No one to blame!
- HAPPINESS is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.
- Some of the best MOMENTS are never captured by cameras and are not posted on social media. They are kept in private and are cherished together with the best people.
- The K.E.Y. to success is to CONTINUE EDUCATING YOURSELF & Knowledge is of no value, unless you put it into practice!
The most important thing that I have learned
Imagine what you could learn if you spent30 minutes learning a new skill per day – painting, dancing, meditating, you name it – instead of scrolling through social media or spending time in front of your TV.
Screen off. Live on.
Go into your phone settings right now and check your “Screen Time” (yep when I first saw that number I was terrified)!
We don’t even realise.
The average time spent on a phone per day is 3.5 hours. My goal this year is to minimize my phone time to less than 30 minutes per day and even take a day off the screen ever once in a while.
How you chose to spend it is up to you. But I advice you to use it wiesely.